Tuesday, August 06, 2013

It should be possible...

It really should be possible to write a script that takes a given stikhera text and a tone and spits out Obikhod sheet music. Perhaps I would be willing to do a little finagling with the text - separating syllables and marking the spots. Those are tricky things to tell a script to figure out. But once you have that, the rest is just a rather simple algorithm.

There exists a program, Lilychant, that interacts with Lilypond, but it seems to require too much specialized human input, so that's not quite what I want. Maybe I'm wrong, I'll take another look maybe.

Again, starting small. Just Obikhod. From a given text.

EDIT: actually, looking at it, it seems Lilychant might do just what I want.

1 comment:

Mr. G. Z. T. said...

I haven't gotten Lilychant to compile on Lunix, but I did manage to get Lilypond figured out and set an apostikha stichera in tone four based on http://documents.ocanwa.org/documents/SourceFiles/